Faculty of Medicine is one of the eight faculties established under the system of Universitas Islam Indonesia. The faculty currently offers one specific undergraduate program of Medical Education discipline, established in 2001 through a Letter of Decree issued by the Director General of Higher Education NO.368/DIKTI/Kep/2001. The respected undergraduate program is able to maintain its quality through the achievement of an excellent accreditation with a comprehensive “A” as a result, stated in a Letter of Decree issued by BAN-PT NO. 024/BAN-PT/Ak-XV/S1/VIII/2012 valid from 10 August 2012 to 10 August 2017.
Ever since the establishment of the undergraduate program, the Faculty of Medicine has always implementing Problem Based Learning (PBL) method in which students learn about a subject through the experience of solving an open-ended problem. This method is a student-centered pedagogy. Competency-based curriculum (KBK) is being implemented since 2005 in accordance to the Director General of Higher Education.
The faculty enrollment engages in respect of Catur Dharma (four pledges): education, research, community service and da’wa. The majority learning process shall be held at UII main campus assembly, together with several partner hospitals and infirmary range throughout Yogyakarta, Central Java, and East Java.
Faculty of Medicine Quality Objectives
- At least 90% of the graduates are (self) employed within six months.
- At least 90%of the students complete their study timely.
- At least 90% of the lecturers have good performance index on their pedagogical, social, and professional aspect.
- At least 90% of the students have good competence in Islamic studies, nationalism, entrepreneurship, and English.
- At least 5% of the lecturers produce an international scientific publication.
- At least 1% of the lecturers are acquired international qualifications.
- At least 1% of the students are from overseas.